The New Milford Film Commission meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month @ 7:00 pm in the Loretta Brickley room at the Town Hall
(on the village green).
New Milford is a film friendly town with diverse landscapes and population. From our lively town center and industrial sites to rural countryside and accessible wild areas, New Milford offers a wide range of picturesque settings. The town is medium-sized, approx. 27,121 at the 2000 census, with families, young professionals and an active senior community. We also boast many fraternal and cultural organizations and have a high rate of volunteerism as well as an active Chamber of Commerce -- you can always find someone to lend a hand in New Milford. Talk to any member of the Commission about your next project.
At Your Service....
The New Milford Film Commission will build community identity and focus by:
• Helping producers find our excellent resources.
• Assisting with any applications, permits or regulatory processes that may apply.
• Bringing focus & attention to the many diverse attractions New Milford has to offer.
• Hosting local events, such as film festivals and screenings, to generate regional publicity .
New Milford is a unique and special place!
What makes New Milford unique and special? Try these:
• A truly original, authentic and awe-inspiring Town Green:
it’s the longest in Connecticut, has a beautiful old bandstand and is surrounded by period homes
• 70 miles from Times Square (87n-287e-684n-84e-7n)
• Largest Town in Connecticut: 64 square miles
• One of the highest points in Connecticut is three miles from the Town Green
• A drive-through mine tunnel and quarry: 350 acres
• Multiple access points to the Housatonic River
• Two turn-of-the-Century steel bridges in picturesque settings
• Town-owned beaches
• Access to Candlewood Lake - the largest man-made lake east of the Mississippi
• Vintage railroad station and track
• Private airport with gliders and small craft
Did we mention a very active and enthusiastic Film Commission waiting to serve your every need?
We will help from crewing to catering and all stops in between!
The New Milford Film Commission is one of the most active film commissions in the state. The town can be seen in many films including Mr. Deeds (2002), Halloween II (2009), My Soul To Take (2010), and Brilliant Mistakes (2012). The commission hosts many special events throughout the year and promotes filmmakers and filmmaking. Contact us at Filmnewmilford@gmail.com.